Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Whopper

So its been a few weeks since i posted anything on here. Don't know who has been keeping up, but doubtless you have been upset by the lack of work posted. If you read in the last post, I said I have begun drawing in a new technique, I guess you can call it. I don't know why this particular approach has drawn me but it allows me to stay realistic but not be so confined by the minutiae and the details that I normally work with. I thank an artist I happened upon while blog searching, Rich Pellegrino, for the spark of inspiration that led me to this and encourage anyone to look him up. All told, these drawings didn't take me more than an hour and a half to complete depending on the level of finish. Some only took me 10 minutes and they look better than a 10 minute drawing I used to do only a month ago. So enjoy. I'll post some drawings for a clearer before and after effect. The first three drawings probably took me like 20 minutes to do and I didn't get very far. They're nice. I don't like bashing my drawings since I love my drawings. But I just think the next few are more exciting to look at, and for those who know me its a far cry more interesting and less technical. I took the advice that a teacher gave me...well not advice. He just told me I use too many lines when I draw. So I "capitalized" on that, as Scott Fischer would say and this happened. Its also mixed with elements of my normal sketching style, when I don't use any reference at all. All of these were done with either a live model or photographs. I'll go in the order in which they were completed...










No comments:

Post a Comment