Monday, December 8, 2008

News

No art posting today. The Conan painting from the last post is going to be scrapped and started anew. I'll finish this one more for practice to get skin tones and fire and background, etc. After the fantabulous criticisms of Donato Giancola and Todd Lockwood, two phenomenal illustrators of the fantasy/sci-fi genre, I've decided to start the subject from scratch and make it 100 times better than this current incarnation. So stay tuned for surprises. Also, this month is dedicated to my relearning of anatomy and to better grasp certain areas that give me a hard time to render (namely hands and feet) and also to strengthen my visual memory so when I embellish my photo reference, it doesn't look forced or lame. Another bit of news... I want to create a portfolio of portraits so I can begin advertising myself as a portrait artist as well as an illustrator. So thats all for now. I don't know how much I'll be posting this month except for a few portraits and a finished painting that hasn't seen the light of day for a loooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment