Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Anatomy studies



I want to focus on animal anatomy for a while, just to boost my understanding of comparative anatomy and be able to bang out wicked looking creatures. So I started with these two pages and there'll be more to come. I was just looking to understand the relationships of the forelimb muscles, and finding similarities and differences. Before I did these I use to draw a bicep in most of my animals/creatures, but looking at the tiger and bear, and even the dog, there is no fully developed biceps like primates have. And the deltoid is proportionately larger in humans than in animals. Just some of the things I noticed :) I did another animal oil study last night that I'll post when I get back from work. Sorry i haven't been posting as much. I will try and amend that.

1 comment: