Friday, September 17, 2010

Some works in progress







A shot of my studio as it looks now, with a big peg board installed on the far wall. Helps me work on multiple images at a time, thus freeing up both my easels and my drafting table for other works. Plus it covers up that gawd awful green! The rest of the images are things I've been working on for the past two days. Its been an incredibly productive 48 hours. The nude with the pink galxyish swirly stuff behind her is 23x23, oil on Strathmore 500 and will be my submission for the Tata Gala, hopefully it gets in! I've included the finished drawing and some progress shots of the oil painting itself. The galaxy I did Wednesday morning after rewatching Donato's instructional DVD. Love that man! And the nude back is a restarted painting. If you look on my studio wall you can see the original one started from life. I took photos to finish it at home and while working on it I found so many horrifying errors and the way I was painting didn't allow for easy corrections, so I scrapped it and started over. I drew it out on illustration board and started the oil painting Thursday evening. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment