Monday, July 1, 2013

Some drawings

Hi all.  It's been a while since I've posted anything new.  In the spirit of keeping this short so I can go play with paint the first drawing is the preliminary for a "white" painting.  The model's name is Emily and has become something of a muse for me, so there will likely be a number of pieces of her this summer before I go to San Francisco.  


This next drawing is a quick self portrait I did from life on plate finish bristol, a surface I haven't worked on in years.  The smoothness is really nice and I certainly miss it except for those instances where the graphite stains the paper where there's an oil smudge or too much erasing.  Other than that, methinks I'm in love.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Julian. Lovely feeling to both of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I'm trying to draw more this summer, from life whenever possible :)

      Delete