Monday, January 19, 2009

"Dragonflower"





Hello hello hello! So 2 posts ago I introduced some sketches and a sketchbook finish render for an idea of a girl coming out of a flower. Here is the final drawing as well as the painting after 2 hours last night (stage 2) and then how it looks now after painting for about 6 hours on and off today (stage 3). I even got a name for it, and I might be inspired enough to write a short story or poem to go with the finish. We'll see how that pans out. But this is a big thing for me because this is the first time in a long time that I have used acrylics. I'm not using it to finish the painting, but more for a really worked out underpainting for when I start going over it in oils. I'm leaving the flower and the girl for strictly oils, since that level of detail and subtlety I only know how to do in oils. But being able to paint that much of the landscape background in one day... I must say I'm quite intrigued. So here it is, without further ado.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julian, I love this. so fluid and expressive. Are you coming to IMC 2009?
    You have been working very hard on your skills. I know you will reach your goals.
    Keep sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete