Sunday, April 4, 2010

Art Dump 2







So I decided to become an abstract artist. I'm dropping representational painting to do abstract works of art that will probably sell faster and for more money. Plus it comes from a deeper place in my soul, combining my love for texture and impasto oil painting and the... I'm just bullshiting you. I made these as a base for future paintings. They're backgrounds pretty much. Its also an exercise in seeing what shapes I can pull out of the abstractions on the surface, for when I have one of those pesky creative blocks you know? Doing these abstracts is actually very liberating and fun. Plus instead of throwing away perfectly good paint, it gets put to use in ways they wouldn't necessarily be used for in my regular paintings. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Scared me there for a minute! lol Although they are nice backgrounds. ;-)

    ReplyDelete