Sunday, April 4, 2010

Art Dump 3





This is the last of the blog art dump. The skull is what I'm currently working on in my studio. Its an actual human skull I borrowed from work. There will probably be like two or three more paintings done in different angles. Primarily its being used to better my drawing/painting abilities from life, especially since I don't have a model readily available. After these I'll probably set up a still life and work on several in between hiring models. The second piece is a three hour painting I did yesterday of my model friend Marisa. I can't express how happy I am to have actually gotten a likeness in such a short time and I can honestly say that it was a huge milestone, breakthrough painting for me as far as life work is concerned. Last piece is a drawing from life done in a class I was originally taking at the museum but ended up teaching for the remainder of it's duration due to an emergency surgery had by the teacher, master pastelist Alex Picirrillo. Its the same model, Marisa, and its about 4 weeks (3 hour classes) of work. Its pretty much done and I'm really happy with it. I also used Wolff Carbon pencils for the first time, and I can honestly say I am not a fan. But this is my current work, all done within the last two weeks except for the drawing of Marisa. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment